My daughter when we received bad service from PANDORA!

My daughter when we received bad service from PANDORA!
This picture was sent to PANDORA! to highlight the grief they had caused - see the PANDORA! complaint below

Friday 16 March 2012

First Direct Complaint

I applied for a small loan which was advertised at 6.1% in HUGE characters on their website. They offered me the loan but at over 10% interest. Naturally, I complained. Whilst not a complete victory, the polite lady at FD just called me, asked if my email was meant in jest, I confirmed it was, she asked if I was a wine drinker, I said 'yes, red' and she said there would be a bottle on it's way to me as a thank you - in addition, she is sending out some pre paid envelopes for me. The only thing I can say is that it had better be decent wine or I might feel another complaint coming on. Below is the email chain between myself and First Direct:


13/Mar/2012 09:51

To: Mr S Crowley
Re: Complaint

I write further to our conversation on 08-Mar-2012.



I'm sorry you've had cause to complain about your recent Personal Loan application and our representative Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 6.1%. I attempted to contact you by telephone yesterday, without success. In line with our complaint procedure, it's appropriate I now issue a written response.

In view of your strength of feeling about the difference between the rate you received and the representative APR, the matter was referred to the Lending Manager. However, our position remains unchanged. We are unable to offer you the representative rate on this occasion.

Following our conversation on 08-Mar-2012, I referred your complaint to the Product Manager. On review, you have not been selected to receive the representative rate of 6.1% because of the length of time you have been a customer with first direct. You have been with us for less than four months and as such we do not have a long enough banking history.

If we can't offer you a satisfactory resolution, you can refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service (but we really hope it doesn't come to that). Further details about how to do so and about how we respond to complaints can be found on our website www.firstdirect.com/howtocomplain

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us.

Regards

Emma Jones

Customer Relations

15/Mar/2012 13:00

To: Emma Jones

 Re: Postage

Thank you for your email, the contents of which are duly noted.

I have since spoken to you on the phone and confirmed that I would like to put my frustrations into writing. I wondered however, with postage costs the way they are, if you could send me a couple of stamps for the letter, if not as a goodwill gesture, you could recoup the cost by increasing the lending rate on my pre approved loan?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Steve



15/Mar/2012 16:43

To: Mr S Crowley
Re: Postage

Thank you for your message dated 15-Mar-2012.

As previously advised, we can escalate your complaint without the need for you to put your concerns in writing. However, if you do wish to proceed this way, you can do so by electronic message, which will negate the need for postage.

If you compose your complaint in the notepad application of your computer, you can then cut and paste this into the 'dissatisfied' section of our online electronic message system. We suggest this method as our Internet Banking will 'time out' after a set period.

Once we receive your electronic message, we will then escalate your complaint in line with our procedures.

Regards

Emma Jones

Customer Relations



16/Mar/2012 08:30

To: Emma Jones

Re: Postage

Emma,

Thank you for your message, the contents I have noted.

You refer to an 'electronic message' - as someone from a small town outside of Bristol, it is only in the last couple of years we have done away with carrier pigeon as our main form of communication - where I come from, 'email' is generally seen as heresy and I therefore need to compose my messages whilst at work to avoid being detected and burned at the stake.

I note what you say about notepad - I tried to follow your instructions but got in a bit of a muddle. I tried writing my thoughts on a notepad then cutting and pasting it into my DVD drive. I seem to have made a bit of a mess and the disc drive is now jammed with bits of sticky paper. I am writing this from a friends laptop. I now need to replace my laptop. Accordingly, could you add £349 to my total loan amount in order that I may replace said laptop?

kindest regards

Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment